This portfolio consists of a thesis, prefaces to compositions, five compositions (submitted as scores), and various attachments (including recordings, videos, supporting documents and other relevant media).
You can view all contents of this portfolio in a Google Drive folder.
Alternatively, view/download all documents, media and files below.
Thesis & Prefaces to Compositions
Melancholia, Noise and Intertextuality in Louis Andriessen’s La Commedia
& Prefaces to Portfolio of Original Compositions (.pdf)
[thesis and prefaces including scores .pdf 11MB]
[thesis, prefaces and scores cropped and rotated for A4 print .pdf 11MB]
[download all scores as separate files .zip 5MB]
Media & Scores
1. Grim’s Ditch for Ensemble Klang, mezzo-soprano, two dancers and film (duration: c. 17 minutes)
2. Jacinto Chiclana for mixed quintet and baritone (duration: c. 4 minutes)
3. The Beginning of an Idea — an opera (duration c. 50 minutes)
4. Life Piles Up for string quartet (duration: c. 6 minutes)
5. FLUX — a vocalic opera (duration c. 34 minutes)